Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hilton Head, South Carolina Part 1

Day 1 of Voyage a la Maiden was a fantastic journey from Charleston to Hilton Head. We stayed o
n the Intercoastal Waterway in order to enjoy the beautiful South Carolina low country, which is still so unspoiled. Since part of my restoration process involved the Engine Room and all Systems, we had her ready for the absolutely perfect performance she showed us. She ran so sweet and smooth, as if she was buzzing on finely aged rum! I can tell you that Bill and I certainly were! Once arriving at Harbor Town Marina, we refueled and I pulled her into her new slip, after which I smelled smoke. Well, friends and neighbors, we will be here for awhile, as our Port Turbo blew out. One of my primary new rules is to live life to the fullest, no matter what happens, so Bill and I will be making new friends and enjoying life here while we get our girl underway once again to ports unknown. Be sure to stay in touch and we'll be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment